STANLEY BUILDINGS, FLATS NUMBERS 21-30

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1356760
Date first listed:
11-Mar-1994
Statutory Address:
Statutory Address:
STANLEY BUILDINGS, 7, PANCRAS SQUARE, N1C 4AG

Map

Ordnance survey map of STANLEY BUILDINGS, FLATS NUMBERS 21-30
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356760 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 17:08:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
Statutory Address:
STANLEY BUILDINGS, 7, PANCRAS SQUARE, N1C 4AG

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Camden (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 30103 83182

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 18/05/2015 and on 18/10/2016

TQ3083SW 798-1/85/1818

CAMDEN, 7, PANCRAS SQUARE, Stanley Buildings, Flats Nos. 21-30

(Formerly listed as: CAMDEN, CLARENCE PASSAGE, (North side), Stanley Buildings, Flats Nos. 21-30)

11.03.94

GV

II

Philanthropic flats. 1865. By Matthew Allen for the Improved Industrial Dwellings Company under the guidance of Sydney Waterlow. Materials and treatment of architectural elements, identical to flats 1-20 in Stanley Passage to the north (now demolished) with which this block formed a group. 5 storeys. One window to end ranges flanking 2-bay balcony-stair recess; balconies enclosed by cast-iron lattice railings and supported by cast-iron columns and lintels. 2-window range to right return with segmental-arched windows, the lintels cast from concrete and panelled. Left-return rendered to all but top storey. Ablution and scullery towers to rear. INTERIORS not inspected.

Stanley Buildings form a group with the King's Cross Gasholders, Goods Way (qqv) and Barlow's great shed to St Pancras Station, Euston Road (qv). Among the earliest blocks built by Waterlow's influential and prolific IIDC, Stanley Buildings are in addition an important part of a dramatic Victorian industrial landscape.





Listing NGR: TQ3010383182

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
476989
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/13280/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Sylvia Gauthereau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].