GLENHOLME

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356764

Date first listed: 25-Aug-1999

Statutory Address: GLENHOLME, PASTURE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GLENHOLME
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356764 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 15:46:26.

Location

Statutory Address: GLENHOLME, PASTURE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)

Parish: Clayton

National Grid Reference: SE 12287 31475

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SE 1231 PASTURE LANE (South, off), Clayton 1/49/10059 Glenholme

II

House, used until recently as a retirement home. 1886. Designed by Milnes & France, for Alfred Wallis, a local mill owner. Coursed rubble stone with ashlar dressings, Welsh slate roofs and plain stone stacks. 2 storey plus attics. Chamfered plinth and first floor double band. South garden front has single storey billiard room to left with canted south end. Central doorway with overlight and side lights, either side are single cross casements. To right single 4-light cross casement with inserted double doors and above 2 plain sashes. To right again broad 2 storey canted bay window with central glazed doors. East front has to left set back wing with C20 single storey replacement conservatory and above a single plain sash. To right 3 window range, with central 2 storey canted bay window topped with a gable and 2-light mullion window, to right single cross casement and single sash above topped with gable and 2-light casement. North entrance front has 2 storey rounded bay windows to left and centre topped with gable. INTERIOR has entrance hall with Minton tile floor, dado panelling, integral painted historical pictures and stained glass windows. Staircase hall has glazed wooden screen with double doors and elaborate fanlight, arched entrance arch, paper-mache frieze, wooden dado panelling, 3 flight stair with turned balusters and newels, glazed wooden screen to service rooms below stairs. Upper floor has round arched openings, deeply coved ceiling decorated with plaster swags and with glazed central section. Plainer secondary staircase also with Minton tilefloor and turned balusters. Former billiard room has Adam style plasterwork and stained glass windows. Other rooms contain many original fittings including original panel doors and door surrounds, many with fine wooden or marble fireplaces, all with pictorial tiles, some with fitted cupboards and shelves. Most rooms have plaster decoration, paper-mache friezes and fireplaces. This plain detached mid-Victorian house has lavishly decorated interiors which have survived largely intact.



Listing NGR: SE1228731475

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 476994

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing