TOWER TO FORMER CHURCH APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES TO WEST OF ST SAVIOUR'S CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1356797
Date first listed:
31-May-1966
Date of most recent amendment:
19-Aug-1986
Statutory Address:
TOWER TO FORMER CHURCH APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES TO WEST OF ST SAVIOUR'S CHURCH, FOLD ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TOWER TO FORMER CHURCH APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES TO WEST OF ST SAVIOUR'S CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356797 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Oct-2019 at 01:57:40.

Location

Statutory Address:
TOWER TO FORMER CHURCH APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES TO WEST OF ST SAVIOUR'S CHURCH, FOLD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Bolton (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 76365 05311

Details

KEARSLEY FOLD ROAD SD 70 NE (east side) Ringley

10/37 Tower to former church approx. 7m to west of St. Saviour's 31/5/66 church (q.v.) (formerly listed as Tower of former church)

G.V. II

Tower. Plaque above entrance reads: "NATHAN/WALWORTH/ BUILDED MEE/ANNO DO 1625", another plaque below records date of building, vestry added 1726 and rebuilding of church in 1826. Further stone below records raising of tower by 2 feet and new clock, 1854. 3 stages. Entrance, now blocked with inserted window, has architrave and label mould. Date stones under relieving arch. Entrance to rear. 1st stage has sill band and 3-light ovolo-chamfered-mullioned window with label mould; blocked entrance to left return. Top stage has windows as below to all 4 faces and 4-face clock above. Cornice, embattled parapet and 4 pinnacles.

Listing NGR: SD7636505311

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
210518
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Mar 2001
Reference: IOE01/03168/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David H Swain. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].