Barn to north west of Lea Gate Farmhouse

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1356804
Date first listed:
27-Jan-1967
Date of most recent amendment:
03-Mar-1987
Statutory Address:
Lea Gate Farmhouse, Lea Gate, Bolton, BL2 4BG

Map

Ordnance survey map of Barn to north west of Lea Gate Farmhouse
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356804 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 15:19:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
Lea Gate Farmhouse, Lea Gate, Bolton, BL2 4BG

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Bolton (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SD 73801 12138

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 19/02/2019

SD 71 SW 5/76

SOUTH TURTON, Bradshaw LEA GATE Barn to north west of Lea Gate Farmhouse

(Formerly listed as Barn to north west of Lee Gate Farmhouse, prevously listed as Barn to north-east of Lee Gate Farmhouse, LEE GATE ROAD (south side) and previously as part of Lee Gate and Barn adjoining)

27.1.67

GV II Barn. Dated 1729 with later extensions. Water-shot stone with quoins and stone slate roof. Three bay barn has later bay to west and C19 extension to south. North facade has blocked entrance with timber lintel and ventilation slots. South facade has similar larger entrance with C19 extension to left and cow house under cat-slide roof to right. West gable end has two round-headed windows and pitching eye. East gable-end has two blocked entrances with large lintels, ventilation slots and plaque with bolection-moulded architrave and inscription with decorative capitals and cherub below: "ARTHUR ELLIS/BROMELLE 1729" followed by quotation probably from bible.

Listing NGR: SD7380112138

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
210556
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 29 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/17000/04
Rights: Copyright IoE Ms Pamela Jackson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].