THE CASTLE PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356867

Date first listed: 08-Mar-1999

Statutory Address: THE CASTLE PUBLIC HOUSE, WEST STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CASTLE PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356867 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 14:53:48.

Location

Statutory Address: THE CASTLE PUBLIC HOUSE, WEST STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Harrow (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 15142 87218

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 1587 SW WEST STREET 1157/17/10023 The Castle Public House

Public House. 1901. Red brick, the upper storeys roughcast and colourwashed; machine-tile roofs. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys and attic; 4-window range. Central 2-window range projects and has a 6-light mullioned window with 4x2 paned overlights to each casement. All windows to ground floor with engraved glass. Fascia cornice above wraps round into recessed parts right and left and into west elevation. Main entrance recessed to left: brick piers carry short brick columns, plastered and painted to resemble marble. Double-leaf half-glazed doors to north and glazed leaded window to west over panelled dado. First floor with 4 6/1 horned sashes, that to left blocked by sign board. Central brick cornice below gable with one 6/1 horned sash. Date plaque in gable head: 1901. Stack to front roof slope of main gabled range, and 2 further stacks to east. East elevation with one 2-light casement with 4x2 paned oversight, followed by entrances to off-sales and to club room: both doors with 2 panels and a pediment and upper glazing of 6 x 6 panes. Continuous cornice over doors. Further 3-tight casement to the south. First floor of east elevation with 4 6/1 horned sashes, that to right blocked with signboard. 2 similar sashes in attic gable. INTERIOR: saloon bar with glazed timber screen containing low doorway moved north from original position between east doorways. One brick partition removed. Lincrusta dado. Cast-iron fire insert in south wall. Central timber bar with glass racks and rear mirror. Plain public bar to west, with a cast-iron fire insert below a mirror. Billiard room with linenfold panelling and a timber fire surround.





Listing NGR: TQ1514087208

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 473103

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing