THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1356930
Date first listed:
02-Nov-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
19-Jul-1985
Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356930 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 12:20:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Northamptonshire
District:
Daventry (District Authority)
Parish:
Lamport
National Grid Reference:
SP 75860 74610

Details

LAMPORT HIGH STREET SP77SE (North side) 10/75 The Old Rectory 02/11/54 (Formerly listed as The Rectory)

GV II*

Rectory now house. c.1727-30. By Francis Smith for Dr. Euseby Isham. Lias ashlar with limestone dressings and slate roof. Double depth plan. 2 storeys with attic. West elevation of 5-window range. Central 6-panelled door has moulded stone and eared architraves with pediment over. Sash windows with glazing bars have moulded stone and eared architraves. Rusticated quoins, ashlar cornice with parapet above. Hipped roof with 3 flat topped dormers and rendered stacks at ridge. North and south elevations similar of 3-window ranges. Central door with pediment over to north elevation. Interior: Fine C18 staircase with 3 turned balusters to each tread and carved tread ends. Fielded panelled rooms to ground and first floor and C18 and C19 marble fireplaces. Panelling in the Drawing Room is now covered. C18 back staircase has turned balustrade.

Listing NGR: SP7586074610

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
360328
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10339/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Roger Ashley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].