CROWN COURT CHURCH (CHURCH OF SCOTLAND)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1356969

Date first listed: 01-Dec-1987

Statutory Address: CROWN COURT CHURCH (CHURCH OF SCOTLAND), CROWN COURT WC2

Map

Ordnance survey map of CROWN COURT CHURCH (CHURCH OF SCOTLAND)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1356969 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Dec-2018 at 03:45:38.

Location

Statutory Address: CROWN COURT CHURCH (CHURCH OF SCOTLAND), CROWN COURT WC2

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: City of Westminster (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 30479 81058

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 3081 SW CITY OF WESTMINSTER CROWN COURT, WC2 59/16; 60/13 Crown Court Church (Church of Scotland)

G.V. II

Church. Founded 1718, rebuilt 1909 by Eustace Balfour of Balfour and Turner. Red brick with Portland stone dressings, slate roof. Restrained and, as usual with Balfour, individual, finely crafted Free Style. 3 storeys and recessed slated attic. 4 bays wide. The outer bays contain doorways and are treated as towers though flush with wall plane; the left hand one topped by an open, pedimented pavilion, the right hand one battlemented. Mullioned and transomed windows, those to ground floor with iron grilles. Pilastered top storey with bracketed cornice and balustrade. The galleried interior is an early use of steel framing cased in wood. Clerestory lighting.

Listing NGR: TQ3048281054

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 209407

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing