This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.


List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.


List entry Number: 1357096



The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: City of Westminster

District Type: London Borough


National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 10-Feb-1971

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 210169

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.


TQ 2880 SE CITY OF WESTMINSTER HERTFORD STREET W1 80/105 10-2-71 Nos 22 and 23 GV II Pair of terraced town houses, now one property. No 23 built c.1764-66 by the plasterers John Dillman and Paul Engleheart, probably to design by lessor John Phillips, master builder; No 22 built c.1765-66 by the elder Henry Holland (builder, of Fulham) with his son and John Eldridge as part of their development of the south side of Hertford Street; altered and converted as flats in 1921. Darkened brick with rusticated stucco ground floor, slate roof. 4 storeys, basement and dormered mansard. 6 windows wide. Entrance to right of former No 22 approached by flight of steps with double panelled door and side lights under segmental fanlight, beneath early to mid C19 stucco Doric columned porch; the adjacent former entrance to No 23 altered to broad window and the steps removed. Recessed casement windows (of 1921), under flat gauged red brick arches with red brick dressed reveals. 1st floor stucco sill band cut by the dropping of the windows. Parapet with coping. Early C19 cast iron Gothick pattern balcony across 1st floor.

Listing NGR: TQ2853380107

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: TQ 28533 80107


© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1357096 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2018 at 09:25:50.

End of official listing