CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1357107
Date first listed:
25-Sep-1951
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, HARROW ROAD, W10

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1357107 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 15:03:43.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST, HARROW ROAD, W10

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
City of Westminster (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 23897 82524

Details

CITY OF WESTMINSTER HARROW ROAD , W10 TQ 2382 NE 16/1 (north side) 25.9.51 CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE EVANGELIST GV II Church. 1843 by H E Kendall jnr. Yellow brick and flint. Romanesque style with Gothic style chancel. 4-bay nave with additional half bays to east and west, 2-bay chancel with apse. Gabled west end flanked by 3-stage towers surmounted by spirelets. Gabled west porch containing arch of 3 orders on columns with scallop capitals. Lattice work in flint and brick to gable, surmounted by cross finial. To west gable, round-arched arcade with flint infill except for central windows. Nave: paired round-arched windows with hood moulds. Pilaster buttresses, corbel table above and below windows. South porch of single order on colonettes. Apsidal chancel with pointed blind arcade below corbel table and pointed 2-light cusped windows. Continuous hood mould. Buttresses with off-sets. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: TQ2389782524

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
210124
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Jul 2006
Reference: IOE01/15903/35
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Jason Wen. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].