PLEASANT VIEW

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1357133

Date first listed: 23-May-1967

Date of most recent amendment: 12-Oct-1988

Statutory Address: PLEASANT VIEW, 29, PARK STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of PLEASANT VIEW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1357133 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Nov-2018 at 09:58:42.

Location

Statutory Address: PLEASANT VIEW, 29, PARK STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: East Northamptonshire (District Authority)

Parish: King's Cliffe

National Grid Reference: TL 00718 97306

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

KINGS CLIFFE PARK STREET TL0097 (West side) 12/134 No.29 (Pleasant View) 23/05/67 (Formerly listed as Two almshouses (formerly three)) GV II 3 almshouses and attached house, now one dwelling. c.1668 founded by John Thorpe altered C20, and late C18 house. Squared coursed limestone with Collyweston slate roof. Originally each single-unit plans. Single storey. 3-window range of 2-light ovolo-moulded stone mullion windows with hood moulds. 2 C20 stable doors, under renewed wood lintels, between window ranges. Blocked door to far right. Chamfered plinth. Ashlar gable parapet to left and ashlar ridge and end stacks. House attached to right is a 2-window range of C20 leaded casements under wood lintels at first floor. 2 canted bays, also with C20 leaded casements, and slated roofs at ground floor. Central C20 door under wood lintel. Brick and stone stacks at ends. Interior not inspected but almshouses noted as having remains of small oven on fireplace. Central gable removed from almshouses 1937 and inscribed panel recording foundation now reset at Cornforth Homes, Bridge Street. (RCHM: An Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire: p100)

Listing NGR: TL0071897306

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 422125

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire, (1984)

End of official listing