THREE MILL BILLS

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1357440

Date first listed: 12-Oct-1988

Statutory Address: THREE MILL BILLS, 63, CHURCH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THREE MILL BILLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1357440 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 23:34:41.

Location

Statutory Address: THREE MILL BILLS, 63, CHURCH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Northamptonshire

District: East Northamptonshire (District Authority)

Parish: Nassington

National Grid Reference: TL 06257 96220

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NASSINGTON CHURCH STREET TL0696 (South side) 16/183 No.63 (Three Mill Bills) GV II Public house, now house. Early/mid C17 extended c.1800. Squared coursed limestone with thatch and pantile roofs. Originally 2-unit and 3-unit plan. Single storey with attic. Original 3-window range at ground floor has 2 large C19 style casement windows, under wood lintels, to far left and C19 style wooden canted bay window to left. Smaller single-light windows, under wood lintels, to centre and far right. 3 eyebrow dormers with tall C19 style casements. 2 single-light windows under eaves, to left and right of centre. Central C20 door under wood lintel. Brick stacks at ridge and ends. Single-storey outbuildings, to left and right of main front, have pantile roofs and now form part of house. Interior not inspected but noted as having open fireplace with bressumer. Outbuilding, to left, noted as having a cellar with eliptical vault and stands for barrels, c.1800. Formerly the "Three Mill Bills" public house. (RCHM: An Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire: p127)

Listing NGR: TL0625796220

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 422505

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Other
Inventory of Architectural Monuments in North Northamptonshire, (1984)

End of official listing