ST MARYLEBONE YOUTH CENTRE CLUB

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1357448
Date first listed:
01-Dec-1987
Date of most recent amendment:
28-Feb-1997
Statutory Address:
ST MARYLEBONE YOUTH CENTRE CLUB, 60, PADDINGTON STREET W1

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST MARYLEBONE YOUTH CENTRE CLUB
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1357448 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 19:56:08.

Location

Statutory Address:
ST MARYLEBONE YOUTH CENTRE CLUB, 60, PADDINGTON STREET W1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
City of Westminster (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 28267 81803

Details

TQ 2881 NW CITY OF WESTMINSTER PADDINGTON STREET,W1 (South side) 1900/44/18 No. 60 (St Marylebone Youth Centre Club)

GV II

Youth centre/club. 1898, built as Church Institute and Club. Red brick with brown terracotta dressings; tiled roof. Free style "Jacobethan". 3 storeys, basement and set back dormered mansard. 4 windows wide. Ground floor has central round-arched entrance with label mould and supporting columns; flanking 5-light mullioned-transomed windows set in shallow semi-elliptical arched recesses; 1st and 2nd floors have 3-light mullioned-transomed windows recessed under semi-elliptical arches with keyblocks, all with leaded casement lights; terracotta band courses at impost level and above, and all tympana in terracotta with alternating brick and terracotta voussoirs to arches. Inscribed panel with date over entrance and above it at 1st floor level a canopied figure of shepherd with crook and lamb. Cornice at 1st floor level. Shaped-merlon parapet. Paired dormers, with bargeboards to prominent half-timbered gables. Cast-iron Free Style area railings.



Listing NGR: TQ2826781803

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
422607
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Reference: IOE01/09979/32
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].