MONUMENT TO THRUPP FAMILY APPROXIMATELY 12 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1357484
Date first listed:
01-Dec-1987
Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO THRUPP FAMILY APPROXIMATELY 12 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, PADDINGTON GREEN W2

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT TO THRUPP FAMILY APPROXIMATELY 12 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1357484 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 21:27:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
MONUMENT TO THRUPP FAMILY APPROXIMATELY 12 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, PADDINGTON GREEN W2

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
City of Westminster (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 26684 81731

Details

TQ 2681 NE CITY OF WESTMINSTER PADDINGTON GREEN, W2 41/3 (west side) Monument to Thrupp family approximately 12 metres south-west of Church of St Mary. GV II Monument. Late C18-early C19. Ashlar. Pedestal, sarcophagus with gadrooned edge and swept cover with further gadrooning surmounted by shallow pediment. Recesses for inscriptions to each side, that to the west side has been lost, that to the south appears to be a later replacement and commemorates Mary Burgan (d 1795), wife of Joseph Thrupp and their son (d 1872). The inscription plaque to the east side commemorates J A Thrupp (d 1844) and his wife Caroline (d 1842). The plaque to the north side commemorates Mary, wife of Joseph Thrupp (d 1845) and their granddaughter Caroline (d 1845).

Listing NGR: TQ2668481731

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
422572
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 28 Aug 2000
Reference: IOE01/02576/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Marion Davies. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].