FORMER PUMP HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1357558
Date first listed:
30-Nov-1989
Statutory Address:
FORMER PUMP HOUSE

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER PUMP HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1357558.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Nov-2019 at 21:54:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
FORMER PUMP HOUSE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Tower Hamlets (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 33418 80538

Details

The following building shall be added THE TOWER OF LONDON TG 3380 21/890 Former Pump House

GV II

Pump house, now shop. 1863, by A Salvin; later additions and alterations. Stock brick; gabled slate roof; brick stacks. Rectangular-plan engine house and engine-keeper's quarters to right of accumulator tower. Domestic style with Gothic influences. 2 storeys. Engine house, of 6-window range including 2 bays added to right in 1933, has continuous line of projecting gables to reach bay, supported on corbelled brackets to plain pointed-arched bargeboards; tall pointed-arched windows forming arcade to ground floor; dentilled string course; segmental arches over 2-light first floor casements with glazing bars. Accumu- lator tower to left, of 2-window range, has pointed-arched recesses to first floor and shallow-pitched roof. Interior: remodelled in C20.



Listing NGR: TQ3341880538

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
206493
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 26 Jan 2005
Reference: IOE01/13866/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Jennie Anderson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].