FORMER VICARAGE TO NORTH OF ST GEORGE'S CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1357574

Date first listed: 14-Jul-1989

Statutory Address: FORMER VICARAGE TO NORTH OF ST GEORGE'S CHURCH, ST GEORGE'S ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER VICARAGE TO NORTH OF ST GEORGE'S CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1357574 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2018 at 17:38:15.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER VICARAGE TO NORTH OF ST GEORGE'S CHURCH, ST GEORGE'S ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Cumbria

District: Copeland (District Authority)

Parish: Millom

National Grid Reference: SD 17127 80023

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

MILLOM ST GEORGE'S ROAD SD 18 SE (south-west side) 15/38 Former Vicarage to north of St George's Church (qv) GV II Vicarage, now old people's residence. c.1875. Possibly by Paley and Austin. Coursed stone rubble with ashlar dressings, slate roofs. North elevation of 2 storeys with attic to 1st 2 bays, and 3 bays, single-storey service range to west. 1st floor sill course. Windows mostly 8-pane sashes. 1st bay of ground floor has canted gabled bay window with cross-casement; 2nd bay has 2 sashed windows, segmental-headed paired sash to 3rd bay. 1st floor has paired sashes to 1st 2 bays, paired sashed windows to 3rd bay. 2 gable-end stacks and cross-axial stack. 2nd bay has gabled dormer and leaded glazing. South elevation has 2nd and 3rd projecting gabled bays, roof swept down to east, 2nd bay has stair window. 3rd bay has 3-light double-chamfered mullioned window with triple sash over and 3-light casement to roughcast attic; east return has entrance with date: 1876 to embattled lintel. Stack in roof slope. 1st bay has lean-to outshut and flat roofed single-storey extension. East elevation has sashed windows and 4-light casement to attic with leaded glazing.



Listing NGR: SD1712780023

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 76338

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing