27, FOURNIER STREET E1

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1357813
Date first listed:
29-Dec-1950
Statutory Address:
27, FOURNIER STREET E1

Map

Ordnance survey map of 27, FOURNIER STREET E1
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1357813 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 17:11:22.

Location

Statutory Address:
27, FOURNIER STREET E1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Tower Hamlets (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 33806 81808

Details

FOURNIER STREET E1 1. 4431 (North Side) No 27 TQ 3381 NE 14A/386 29.12.50. II GV 2. Early C18. Yellow brick with brick dressings painted red. Pantiled roof. Above 1st floor stucco band inscribed "London Dispensary. Instituted 1777" has been covered by new sign. 3 storeys and weatherboarded attic, 5 windows under segmental arches with stone keys. Sash windows in flush frames with glazing bars. Wood doorcase with carved brackets, panelled soffit to hood and curved, fluted, flattened oval, Doric pilasters. Later entrance at left. Interior features.

The Great Synagogue forms a group with Nos 1 to 39 (odd), Nos 2 to 20 (even) and No 84 (The Ten Bells Public House) and with Christ Church, Commercial Street, and Nos 57 & 59 Brick Lane, and No 2 Wilkes Street.

Listing NGR: TQ3380681808

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
206003
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/03065/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr G.N.G. Tingey. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].