CHURCH OF ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1358006
Date first listed:
22-Feb-1979
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PAUL, MANOR ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358006 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-Sep-2019 at 21:20:59.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PAUL, MANOR ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Redbridge (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 42619 91807

Details

MANOR ROAD 1. 5027 Woodford Bridge Church of St Paul TQ 4291 10/3 II 2. 1860 (Thorne says 1854), by Charles Ainslie. Decorated Gothic: grey stone, coursed rubble. Nave and chancel with steep pitched roof, side aisles with shallow buttresses. Tower on north side of west front with angle buttresses and stone broach spire. Westmorland slate roof with decorative orange ridge tiles. Damaged by fire in 1880 and restored 1886, by William G Bartlett and Son.

Listing NGR: TQ4261991807

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
204853
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Thorne, , The Environs of London Walford Greater London

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/00826/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Alan Simpson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].