RIVER WALL WITH 28 LAMP STANDARDS FROM LAMBETH BRIDGE TO WEST OF ALEMBIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1358189
Date first listed:
27-Mar-1981
Statutory Address:
RIVER WALL WITH 28 LAMP STANDARDS FROM LAMBETH BRIDGE TO WEST OF ALEMBIC HOUSE, ALBERT EMBANKMENT SE1

Map

Ordnance survey map of RIVER WALL WITH 28 LAMP STANDARDS FROM LAMBETH BRIDGE TO WEST OF ALEMBIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358189 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 08:39:53.

Location

Statutory Address:
RIVER WALL WITH 28 LAMP STANDARDS FROM LAMBETH BRIDGE TO WEST OF ALEMBIC HOUSE, ALBERT EMBANKMENT SE1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Lambeth (London Borough)
National Park:
N/A
National Grid Reference:
TQ 30442 78580

Details

ALBERT EMBANKMENT SE1 1. (west side) 5023 River Wall with 28 Lamp Standards from Lambeth Bridge to west of Alembic House TQ 3078 4/1077

II

2. Grey granite wall with plinth and square coping heightened by a later granite course. At intervals lamp standards of cast iron, made of interlinked dolphins writhing around a fluted, wreathed column with globular lampholder and crown finial, on tall granite plinths, holding marine trophies. Bases inscribed alternate: '1870' and 'VIC BEG' also (faintly) 'MASEFIELD & CO FOUNDER, C VULLIAMY, ARCHT'; most plinths bear (on river face) ) bronze lion head with ring in mouth.

Listing NGR: TQ3044278580

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
203986
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Oct 2000
Reference: IOE01/02834/14
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Paul Howard. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].