PATES MANOR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1358318

Date first listed: 14-Aug-1953

Statutory Address: PATES MANOR, HATTON ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PATES MANOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358318 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 13:20:13.

Location

Statutory Address: PATES MANOR, HATTON ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Hounslow (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 08512 73758

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 4419 HATTON ROAD, BEDFONT Pates Manor TQ 0873 39/404 14.8.53.

II

2. C15/16/17. 2 storeys, timber framed and plastered with overhanging gabled cross wing on South with exposed post and pan timber framing with elaborate timbering in gable top. 2 modern Georgian style sash windows on ground floor, somewhat similar to 1st floor. Plain bargeboards. Remainder of front has 2 sashes similar to 1st floor, coved eaves. Double brick stack of Jacobean character with breast to left. C19 gabled wood porch to right of it with old escutcheon of arms of Christ's Hospital. Canted wood sashed bay with glazing bars and hipped roof to right of it. Old tile roof. The main range seems to be about 1500, the South wing about 1530, the east end of the South wing C15, and the North East range C17. South front has roof in 2 heights, various sash and casement windows. Early C17 wood oriel window to right on 1st floor, carved brackets, outside now covered by weatherboarding. Brick chimney breast to West end with 2 shafts with oversailing capping, probably about 1540. Newly exposed C16 2-light wood window on ground floor, iron stanchions and modern leaded lights. Matching porch in centre of front. North front has gable end with gable top with elaborate timber framing, otherwise plastered. Interior has many recently exposed features of interest. Panelled screen to screens passage, exposed ceiling timbers in many ground floor rooms. Southern ground floor room with 4 centred headed stone fireplace probably about 1540. Room above it, formerly the solar, has recently exposed oak panelling throughout and 4 centred headed stone fireplace. Room to North of it with 1 panelled wall and various exposed timbers. Room to North of it with (exposed internally) old wood framed windows. The history of the property is being compiled by Mr Clive-Ross, the owner of the property (1968). It was the home of the Pate family in 1403-4 and was later the home of the Page family who emigrated to Williamsburgh, Virginia in the C17. It was occupied by Royalist and Cromwellian troops in the Civil Wars. The house stands in partly walled gardens with cedar trees and there are slight remains of a parterre. The house is being restored (1968). VCH Vol 2 p311; Lysons' Middlesex Parishes; NMR.



Listing NGR: TQ0851273758

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 202579

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing