DRAYTON HALL (COUNCIL OFFICES)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1358345
Date first listed:
01-Mar-1950
Date of most recent amendment:
06-Sep-1974
Statutory Address:
DRAYTON HALL (COUNCIL OFFICES), CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of DRAYTON HALL (COUNCIL OFFICES)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358345 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 04:05:32.

Location

Statutory Address:
DRAYTON HALL (COUNCIL OFFICES), CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Hillingdon (London Borough)
Parish:
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
TQ0641579439

Details

1. 5018 CHURCH ROAD (South Side) WEST DRAYTON Drayton Hall (Council Offices) [Formerly listed as Drayton Hall Hotel] TQ 0679 30/86 1.3.50. II 2. House mainly of early C19 with east wing of circa 1840 having facade carefully matched. The building is said to have a C17 core but none seems to remain. 2 storeys and attic; 1:3:1 windows, double hung sashes, all but one 3-light. Slated mansard roof with 3 dormers. Stuccoed walls with cornice and blocking course. 1st floor round window arches; and sunk panels between ground and 1st floor windows. Modern door in Roman Doric porch. East elevation has 2 ground-floor rounded bows with balconies above having wrought iron railings. Bows articulated by Doric pilasters and entablatures. Inside a hall screen of 2 fluted Doric columns, some early C19 enriched doorcases; and cornices with acanthus scroll or anthemion pattern. Modern 2-storey, 4-window, right extension of stock brick.

Listing NGR: TQ0641579439

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
202734
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Feb 2002
Reference: IOE01/06327/28
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Adam Watson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].