Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358432.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2021 at 00:39:22.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Greater London Authority
Hillingdon (London Borough)
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
TQ 09362 88267


TQ 08 NE PARK AVENUE (north side) 41/500 Nos 97 and 99 GV II Pair of semi-detached houses. 1935 by Connell, Ward and Lucas; minor alterations. Painted concrete. 3 storeys. Symmetrical elevation of 4 asymmetrical bays, the 2 central bays wider and breaking forward on ground and 1st floors; garages project forward from outer bays; open porches in angles with garages. In Modern Movement Style. Metal-framed casements windows and glazed doors. Each house has late C20 entrance door and continuous window to ground and 1st floor with door at inner side, on 1st floor giving access to solid-fronted iron-railed balcony. On 2nd floor each has open sun deck. Outer-stair bays: designed to be fully glazed, but built with central infilled panel. Left-hand garage now part of house. Flat roof with central chimney. Rear: upper floors of central section recessed. 3-light kitchen windows with late C20 double doors to inner sides; on 1st floor, 3-light windows to outer bays, continuous windows to central bays. Interior: No 97 not inspected. No 99 has original living-room fireplace with bow-fronted flue and flanking curve-cornered cupboards; between kitchen and dining room, pivoting door with semicircular shelves and hatch and drawers which open on to both rooms: dog-leg stair with solid-walled balustrade; glazed door to stairs up to sun deck.

The Architect Journal, September 27, 1934, pp 455-457; ibid, May 23, 1935, p 813.

Listing NGR: TQ0936288267


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


Books and journals
'Architects Journal' in 27 September, (1934), 455-457
'Architects Journal' in 23 May, (1935), 813


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Mar 2003
Reference: IOE01/10270/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Elisabeth Cox. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].