CEDAR COURT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1358438

Date first listed: 30-Mar-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 06-Oct-1983

Statutory Address: CEDAR COURT, COOMBE HILL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CEDAR COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358438 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 23:33:30.

Location

Statutory Address: CEDAR COURT, COOMBE HILL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Kingston upon Thames (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 21054 70286

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 27 SW KINGSTON-UPON-THAMES COOMBE HILL ROAD (north side) 2/16 Cedar Court 30.5.51 (formerly listed as Coombe Wood House)

II

Built on its present site in 1911-12, but incorporates timbers from a late medieval timber-framed building in Colchester (probably the Perseverance Inn, demolished in 1910). Large detached house. 2 storeys. Advanced gable to left. 5 bays long range to right, with two storey advanced bay containing oriel and Tudor arched wooden doorway. Close timber studding with red brick nogging (some old brick used). Tiled roof. The interior contains some linenfold panelling of late C15 date and some later C16 panelling; also some specimens of heraldic glass dating from the 15th to the 17th centuries, collected by the original owner, an antiquarian. The house was considerably extended in 1915 in the Tudor style. The traditional connection of the house with Catherine Parr, 6th wife of Henry VIII is probably legendary.

Listing NGR: TQ2105470286

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 203100

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing