SESSIONS HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1358440
Date first listed:
06-Oct-1983
Statutory Address:
SESSIONS HOUSE, 17, EWELL ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of SESSIONS HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358440 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 02:43:31.

Location

Statutory Address:
SESSIONS HOUSE, 17, EWELL ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Kingston upon Thames (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 18495 67375

Details

TQ 1867 SW KINGSTON-UPON-THAMES EWELL ROAD TQ 1867 SE (east side) Surbiton 11B/17 No 17 11C/17 (Sessions House) G.V. II

Former Council Offices. 1898. 2 storeys, 5 bays wide. Red brick with stone dressings and stone quoins. The centre bay is stone-faced and set slightly forward, containing the entrance. Arched doorway with wrought iron balcony above to a round-arched window with shouldered stone architrave with scrolled feet. The windows in the side bays are segmental-arched on the ground floor, round-arched on the 1st floor, both with shouldered architraves. Steep-pitched, hipped slate roof. Stone eaves cornice, with an open pediment over the centre bay containing a cartouche. Centre cupola containing a clock. Prominent slab-like chimneys to either side. Lower two storey wings to either side, with single storey wings in front. Two storey symmetrical return to left of nine bays. Central and side bays project and have pediments, the central segmental the others triangular.

Listing NGR: TQ1849567375

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
203109
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Dec 2007
Reference: IOE01/17077/05
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].