CRANHAM HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1358508

Date first listed: 07-Jan-1955

Statutory Address: CRANHAM HALL, THE CHASE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CRANHAM HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358508 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 13-Dec-2018 at 04:23:30.

Location

Statutory Address: CRANHAM HALL, THE CHASE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Havering (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 57241 86109

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

THE CHASE 1. 5017 Cranham Cranham Hall TQ 58 NE 13/19 7.1.55 II GV 2. Originally a large mansion of late C16 or early C17 date which was the house of General James Oglethorpe (1691-1785) the colonist of Georgia; demolished circa 1789. It is not clear how much, if any, of the old house was incorporated in the present building. Main front late C18. Three storeys, stucco. Five sash windows the 2 on the south with lowered cills. Central boric porch, approached by steps, doorway with side lights, surmounted by a radiating semi-circular fanlight with an outer band of radiating flutes. Raised band forms top floor cill. Dentilled eaves, hipped slate roof. North side has 1 sash window to each floor on west of elevation and to east on ground floor a single storey canted bay window. The rear wing is of 2 storeys colourwashed brick with 4 windows eaves cornice and hipped slate roof. (RCHM3).



Listing NGR: TQ5724186109

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 201558

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of Essex South East, (1923), 28

End of official listing