ST DAVID'S

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1358517
Date first listed:
12-Mar-1973
Statutory Address:
ST DAVID'S, 12, WESTWOOD HILL SE26

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST DAVID'S
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358517 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 16:22:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
ST DAVID'S, 12, WESTWOOD HILL SE26

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Lewisham (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 35060 71679

Details

WESTWOOD HILL SE26 1. 4424 (North Side) No 12 (St David's) TQ 3571 38/263

II

2. Third quarter of Cl9. 2 storeys, attic and basement, 3 windows Yellow stock brick with stone dressings, Moderately high pitched slated roof with gable over projecting right bay. Windows, of varying numbers of lights, with chamfered top orgies and stone lintels. Porch with cresting over. LCC blue plaque: "Sir Ernest Shackleton 1874-1922, Antarctic Explorer, lived here." Listed because of association with Shackleton.

Listing NGR: TQ3506071679

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
203430
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/01859/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Hubert C. Blackburn. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].