THE CLOCK HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1358523

Date first listed: 17-Apr-1972

Statutory Address: THE CLOCK HOUSE, ST MARYS LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE CLOCK HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358523 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 11:15:16.

Location

Statutory Address: THE CLOCK HOUSE, ST MARYS LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Havering (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 56424 86602

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST MARY'S LANE 1. 5017 Upminster The Clock House TQ 58 NE 13/16 17.4.72. II 2. Circa 1775. Two storeys, red brick. Front to road is 5 windows wide. Ground floor altered with later porch; 4 blind windows and one sash in upper floor with cill-course and raised band-course between storeys, cornice and parapet. In the centre of the parapet is a small rectangular turret with circular black clock face with gilt figures. The clock is signed and dated 'Edward Tutet. London.1774.' Above is an octagonal open pillared cupola with ogee dome. The turret is probably of earlier date than the stables and brought from Woolwich Arsenal; the weather vane dated 1700 is stored inside building. East side has 2 projecting 2 storey wings, 1-3-1 windows assymetrical. West side has pedimented centre, 1-3-1 windows. The building was formerly the stable block to New Place, the seat of the Esdaile family which has been demolished.



Listing NGR: TQ5642486602

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 201648

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing