PARISH CHURCH OF ST EDWARD THE CONFESSOR

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1358535
Date first listed:
04-Jul-1952
Statutory Address:
PARISH CHURCH OF ST EDWARD THE CONFESSOR, MARKET PLACE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF ST EDWARD THE CONFESSOR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358535 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 16-Sep-2019 at 17:08:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
PARISH CHURCH OF ST EDWARD THE CONFESSOR, MARKET PLACE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Havering (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 51195 88957

Details

MARKET PLACE 1. 5107 Romford Parish Church of St Edward the Confessor TQ 5088/5188 5/2 4.7.52 II* GV 2. 1849 by J Johnson in a curvilinear Decorated style. Rubble, ashlar dressings, patterned red tile roof 162 ft spire. Three excellent C16 and early C17 monuments, especially that of Sir Anthony Cooke died 1576. (RCHM).



Listing NGR: TQ5119588957

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
201607
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
An Inventory of Essex Central and South West, (1921), 203-204

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Sep 2001
Reference: IOE01/05346/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Graham Bridgeman-Clarke. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].