315, STATION ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1358647
Date first listed:
25-May-1983
Statutory Address:
315, STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 315, STATION ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358647 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Oct-2019 at 05:27:27.

Location

Statutory Address:
315, STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Harrow (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 15521 88238

Details

In the entry for STATION ROAD Harrow 4/4 No 315

The first sentence of part 2 should be amended to read:

"1915, by Sir Banister Fletcher".

------------------------------------

STATION ROAD 1. 5016 Harrow No 315 TQ 18 NE 4/4

II

2. 1915, by Sir Bannister Fletcher. Vigorously detailed and unconventional classical bank building in fine red brick on a pink granite base. In temple form, short pedimented end to the front and long return side to the right. A corner site. Pseudo-peripteral Tuscan order, but front is canted forward under pediment and aedicula window set in front of pediment (sitting on the entablature). Pilasters and three-quarter columns (some rusticated) form the order. Entrance right bay with rusticated brickwork and swagged panel over. Enriched scrolls support aedicule, which encloses arched window.

Listing NGR: TQ1552188238

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
202177
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Jul 2006
Reference: IOE01/15014/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Steve Kirkland. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].