FIREPLACE ARCHES TO WEST, SOUTH WEST OF TUDOR HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1358689
Date first listed:
14-Aug-1953
Statutory Address:
FIREPLACE ARCHES TO WEST, SOUTH WEST OF TUDOR HOUSE, CASTLE WAY

Map

Ordnance survey map of FIREPLACE ARCHES TO WEST, SOUTH WEST OF TUDOR HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358689 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 07:09:47.

Location

Statutory Address:
FIREPLACE ARCHES TO WEST, SOUTH WEST OF TUDOR HOUSE, CASTLE WAY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Hounslow (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 11262 71816

Details

1. CASTLE WAY, HANWORTH 4419 Fireplace arches to West, South-west of Tudor House

TQ 1171 37/417C 14.8.53.

II

2. C16. Red brick walling with 2 large 4 centred arches of former kitchen fireplaces. They are almost the sole remains, with the roundels mentioned above and the large moat, of the great house at Hanworth owned by Henry VIII and occupied by Catherine Parr. The house contained a painted ceiling by Knellar and was burnt down in 1797. VCH, RCHM2, Lysons' Middlesex Parishes. VCH.

Listing NGR: TQ1126271816

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
202471
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Cockburn, J S, King, H P F, McDonnell, K G T, The Victoria History of the County of Middlesex, (1911)
Lysons, D, Environs of London County of Middlesex, (1795)
Other
Inventory of the Historical Monuments of Middlesex, (1937)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 19 Feb 2002
Reference: IOE01/06327/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Adam Watson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].