WEIR WITH INLET PIPES AT KING GEORGE PUMPING STATION AND ADJACENT TO KING GEORGE RESERVOIR

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1358747

Date first listed: 14-Jan-1991

Statutory Address: WEIR WITH INLET PIPES AT KING GEORGE PUMPING STATION AND ADJACENT TO KING GEORGE RESERVOIR, SWAN & PIKE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WEIR WITH INLET PIPES AT KING GEORGE PUMPING STATION AND ADJACENT TO KING GEORGE RESERVOIR
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358747 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 16:16:39.

Location

Statutory Address: WEIR WITH INLET PIPES AT KING GEORGE PUMPING STATION AND ADJACENT TO KING GEORGE RESERVOIR, SWAN & PIKE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Enfield (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 37276 97851

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added:-

Swan and Pike Lane TO 39 NE (east side) 21/290 Weir with inlet pipes at King George Pumping Station and adjacent to King George Reservoir.

II GV

Weir with inlet pipes. Opened 1913. Designed by William Booth Bryan for Metropolitan Water Board. Italianate granite balustrade, set on English bond brick wall, is placed above 4 cast-iron-outlet pipes with upturned ends. Pipes emptied water into a brick chamber with a chamfered granite sill, over which the water flowed down a cascade into the reservoir. Weir is flanked by stepped brick walls with granite coping. (The Engineer, March 21, 1913, p.297).

Listing NGR: TQ3727697851

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 200849

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'The Engineer' in March 21, (1913), 297

End of official listing