CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1358784

Date first listed: 22-Feb-1978

Date of most recent amendment: 22-Dec-1978

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN, ST STEPHEN'S ROAD W13

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358784 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 14:58:16.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST STEPHEN, ST STEPHEN'S ROAD W13

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Ealing (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 16707 81433

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ST STEPHEN'S ROAD 1. 5010 W13 Church of St Stephen TQ 18 SE 2/18 22.12.78 II 2. 1876 by H Ashdown. Spire added in 1891 by A Blomfield. Church in Decorated style of ragstone with ashlar dressings. Five bay aisled nave with clerestory. Two bay choir with side chapels, north-east as aisle with polygonal apse, south as double chapel off south transept. South-west chapel or baptistery off nave south wall. North-west tower and spire linked to north aisle. Entrance under tower and on north side of nave windows arched and with Geometric Decorated tracery with trefoil roundels over cusped-headed lights. Foliage capitals to shafts of east, west and south elevation windows of 6 light (west front) and 5 lights. Stepped buttresses. Tower with 2 pairs of belfry openings per elevation with battlemented parapet over. Spire with pinnacles and flying buttresses to the base. Slated roofs. Ragstone and stone dressed wall surrounds the churchyard.

Listing NGR: TQ1670781433

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 201033

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing