WAY MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH CHAPEL OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1358801

Date first listed: 02-Oct-1990

Statutory Address: WAY MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH CHAPEL OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, KING STREET W3

Map

Ordnance survey map of WAY MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH CHAPEL OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358801 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 13:04:49.

Location

Statutory Address: WAY MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 7 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH CHAPEL OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, KING STREET W3

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Ealing (London Borough)

Parish: Non Civil Parish

National Grid Reference: TQ2005880162

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added:- TQ 28 SW 3/16

KING STREET W3 (South side, off) Way monument approx 7 metres South of South Chapel of Church of St Mary

II GV

Monument. C1816. Commemorates John and Mary Way d.1804 and 1816 respectively. By John Bacon the Younger. Brick base; ashlar monument. 4-step podium on which funerary urn stands within semi-circular vault, creating the effect of a pierced chest tomb. Spandrels on sides have scrolled acanthus decoration; well-lettered commemorative inscriptions to ends(that at west end worn). On top of this is an obelisk which stands on a covered base and has coat of arms and worn inscription on north side.

Listing NGR: TQ2005880162

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 201119

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing