HAVELOCK HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1358816

Date first listed: 25-Nov-1987

Statutory Address: HAVELOCK HALL, HAVELOCK ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of HAVELOCK HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358816 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 06:02:54.

Location

Statutory Address: HAVELOCK HALL, HAVELOCK ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Croydon (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 33913 66101

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 5009 HAVELOCK ROAD

TQ 36 NW 2/100 Havelock Hall II

2. Warehouse, former gymnasium . 1854/5 for the Hon. East India Co. Brick with stone dressings . Pitched roof with stone coped gables with kneelers . Single storey west front: 3 bays divided by pilaster strips . Central doorway with colourwashed. doorcase with moulded imposts and cornice hood . To left and right, single blind windows with rubbed brick flat arches and stone cills resting on dentilled brick bands . Above in the gable a central C20 window, with rubbed brick segmental arch and stone cill . South elevation of 8 bays, divided by pilaster strips, has rubbed brick blind arcade, with rubbed brick semicircular head window openings with stone cills resting on dentilled brick bands, one in each bay . Original semicircular head windows now replaced with C20 ones . North elevation similarly treated . Havelock Hall, formerly known as Addiscombe Hall, was the gymnasium of the East India Co's Addiscombe Military Training College, opened in 1809 .

Listing NGR: TQ3391366101

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 201294

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing