STONE IN COURT BEHIND ST LEONARD'S HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1358864
Date first listed:
10-May-1974
Statutory Address:
STONE IN COURT BEHIND ST LEONARD'S HOUSE, NIGHTINGALE ROAD N22

Map

Ordnance survey map of STONE IN COURT BEHIND ST LEONARD'S HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358864 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 17:03:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
STONE IN COURT BEHIND ST LEONARD'S HOUSE, NIGHTINGALE ROAD N22

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Haringey (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 30680 91087

Details

1. 4415 NIGHTINGALE ROAD N22 (North Side) Wood Green --------------------- Stone in court behind St Leonard's House. TQ 3091 4/168

II GV

2. Commemorative stone dated 1821. Battered square pier with eared segmental capping and stepped plinth. Inscription "ST LEONARD'S SHOREDITCH" on top. Inscription on side commemorates widening of footpath and raising of railing at the former almshouses in Old Street. Another inscription tells of its removal to the present site on the demolition of the Old Street Almshouses in 1902-3, Oolitic limestone.

St Leonards House, Porters and Walters almhouse, the Commemorative Stone and the front railings and gates form a group.

Listing NGR: TQ3068091087

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
201435
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 Oct 2005
Reference: IOE01/14942/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter L. Herring. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].