ST ALFEGE'S VICARAGE

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1358994

Date first listed: 19-Oct-1951

Date of most recent amendment: 08-Jun-1973

Statutory Address: ST ALFEGE'S VICARAGE, PARK VISTA SE10

Map

Ordnance survey map of ST ALFEGE'S VICARAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1358994 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Dec-2018 at 11:40:27.

Location

Statutory Address: ST ALFEGE'S VICARAGE, PARK VISTA SE10

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Greenwich (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 38859 77738

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. 4412 PARK VISTA SELO (South Side)

St Alfege's Vicarage TQ 3877 26/G101 19.10.51.

II

2. Rambling building of various dates which reads from street front as follows a. On right a building of circa 1800. 2 storeys, 3 windows. Stucco, with entablature and blocking course concealing roof. Rusticated quoins and rusticated, 1-storey projecting end walls with ball finials on plinths. On 1st floor recessed 3-light sash windows with glazing bars, all but centre one replaced. Round arched openings in arcaded ground floor with spring string and moulded architraves. Side windows blocked except for heads. Central door with modern fanlight and side lights. Set back garage entrance with cast iron railings at right. b. To left of this,a jumble of roofs, mostly low pitched and slated, and wall surface in several planes. The main stuccoed front wall becomes at left, a curtain wall to a small courtyard beyind which is visible the C16 brickwork of the original house. Completely irregular windows of various types, including modern plate glass. Slightly projecting 1st floor suggests early jettied front in right part. An interesting feature is a large moulded wreath, probably of terra cotta but now painted over, on 1st floor. The arms of Henry VIII, which used to be on front wall, have been removed for safe keeping. c. A completely new front section is being built at left. On Park front 4 sections appear a. A red brick canted bay at left, with parapet. Partly rebuilt but showing a fragment of curved gable end, with a round, gauged brick eye, to right of parapet. b. A 2-storey, 3 window plain stucco facade with parapet, probably late C18. c. A 5-window section of circa 1800, red brick with gauged arches to sash windows with glazing bars. d. A 2-storey, 2-window low-built section of very old brick, much restored. e. New wing at right. The old parts of this building formed part of Henry VIII's palace of Placentia.

Listing NGR: TQ3884577738

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 200480

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing