PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1359029

Date first listed: 03-Feb-1950

Date of most recent amendment: 07-Apr-1983

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH END

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359029 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Nov-2018 at 20:41:43.

Location

Statutory Address: PARISH CHURCH OF ST MARY, CHURCH END

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Barnet (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 22871 89561

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TQ 2289 19/2 5004 3.2.50.

CHURCH END Hendon Parish Church of St Mary

(Formerly listed under General)

II*

Mid C13. Rendered. Slate roof. Nave, chancel and north aisle with early C16 north chapel. Later nave and south aisle by Temple Moore 1914-15 to replace original south aisle. Small C15 ragstone west tower. East window early C15. Flat pitched, 4 bay timber roof to nave and north aisle C15. Font, fine C12 square with 8 inter-secting enriched arcades to each face. Window to north chapel - Kempe and altar screen - Bodley. High altar hangings and posts by Comper. Monuments include deeply incised black marble slab to Sir Jeremy Whichcot d.1677, William Rawlinson d.1703, Sir Charles Colmore 1806 by Flaxman, Giles Earle 1811 by Charles Harriott Smith. Sir Stamford Raffles d.1826. Founder of Singapore.

Listing NGR: TQ2287189561

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 198839

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing