FREE SCHOOL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359225
Date first listed:
30-Jun-1966
Date of most recent amendment:
26-Nov-1987
Statutory Address:
FREE SCHOOL, MARKET STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of FREE SCHOOL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359225 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 12:25:39.

Location

Statutory Address:
FREE SCHOOL, MARKET STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Holland (District Authority)
Parish:
Long Sutton
National Grid Reference:
TF 43075 23078

Details

LONG SUTTON MARKET STREET TF 4223-4323 (south west side) 11/50 Free School 30.6.66 (formerly listed as Chapel Bridge Road)

G.V. II

School. 1835. Red brick, ashlar dressings. Hipped slate roof. Single storey, 6 bays plus outer lean-to single bay to the right and flat roofed single bay with parapet to the left. The single central bay slightly projects and is topped with an ashlar pediment containing a plaque inscribed "Free School 1835". The outer single bays also slightly project and have shaped coped gables. Central bay with giant order blind semi-circular arch containing single semi-circular arched glazing bar sash with radiating glazing bars to the head. Either side are 2 similar smaller sashes and further left and right in the outer bays single similar smaller giant order arches each containing single similar smaller glazing bar sashes. In the apex of each of these bays is a single small decorative panel. Beyond, to the left, is the flat roofed bay with single similar smaller sash and to the right in the lean-to bay a doorway with part glazed double door with glazing bar fanlight.

Listing NGR: TF4307523078

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
197896
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 21 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/06896/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs Ann Marlow. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].