CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1359302
Date first listed:
28-Jun-1954
Date of most recent amendment:
24-Aug-1981
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL, CROWN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359302 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 24-Aug-2019 at 18:34:42.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PETER AND ST PAUL, CROWN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Barking and Dagenham (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 50043 84530

Details

CROWN STREET 1. Dagenham 5003 Church of St Peter and St Paul TQ 58 SW 7/3 28.6.54

II*

2. Mediaeval origin; part rebuilt 1800. Nave of church and western tower a good example of Strawberry Hill Gothic built in 1800 to the designs of William Mason. Signed and dated over door. Rubble, with brick dressings. Three stage tower of stock brick with angle piers, pointed belfry windows with stock brick rustications. Oval porch set in pointed recess with quadrupled pillars. Shaped battlements of Jacobean character. Chancel C13 with north aisle of late C15 with fine monument with life size statues to Sir Richard Alibon 1688 and his wife. No old fittings in nave save early C19 west gallery. Monument with brasses to Sir Thomas Urswycke of Marks Hall.

Listing NGR: TQ5004384530

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
198241
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Oct 2001
Reference: IOE01/04799/25
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Colin Carron. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].