BROWNLOW HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359315
Date first listed:
07-Feb-1967
Date of most recent amendment:
13-Jan-1988
Statutory Address:
BROWNLOW HOUSE, GLENSIDE NORTH

Map

Ordnance survey map of BROWNLOW HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359315 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Sep-2019 at 12:41:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
BROWNLOW HOUSE, GLENSIDE NORTH

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Holland (District Authority)
Parish:
Pinchbeck
National Grid Reference:
TF 21708 25691

Details

PINCHBECK GLENSIDE NORTH TF 22 NW 7/88 Brownlow House (formerly listed as Money Bridge Farm 7.2.57 and dovecote and under Money Bridge) G.V. II House. Early C18. 1772, altered mid C19. Red brick in Flemish bond, painted ashlar dressings, Westmorland slate roof, C19 gable stacks, partly set on stone corbels. T-plan. 2 storey plus attics, 5 bay front with plinth and central 6 panel door, panelled reveals, with plain pilastered surround, triglyph frieze, dentillated pediment, flanked by pairs of plain sashes. To first floor are 5 similar windows. All windows have segmental brick heads with keyblocks. Above the door a square ashlar plaque bears the Brownlow cypher and the date 1772. A similar plaque is located over the rear door. Interior retains turned and knopped baluster stair with raised and fielded side panels and carved string.

Listing NGR: TF2170825691

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
198202
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 May 2003
Reference: IOE01/10088/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Alan Francis Polaine. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].