CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359320

Date first listed: 10-Jan-1955

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY, HAYES STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359320 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 21:20:38.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST MARY, HAYES STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Bromley (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 40546 66301

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HAYES STREET, HAYES 1. 4407 Church of St Mary TQ 46 NW 5/51 10.1.55. B 2. Knapped flint with stone dressings. Chancel, Nave with Aisles, Vestry and west Tower. The lower part of the Tower and the west wall of the Nave with a lancet window date from circa 1200. The mullions of the windows in the South Aisle and the Vestry date from circa 1350. But the Church was largely rebuilt in the C19, the North Aisle by Sir Gilbert Scott in 1856, the South Aisle and Vestry by J Oldrid Soott in 1879 and the chancel by Sir Thomas Jackson in 1905. South porch dated 1965. Nave has old ashlared crown post, rafter roof. North and South Aisles have crew post, scissor and rafter roofs.

The interior contains a modern monument to the Earl of Chatham and William Pitt the younger.

Listing NGR: TQ4054666301

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 358457

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing