COAL DUTY BOUNDARY MARKER (ON WEST SIDE OPPOSITE NUMBER 205)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359398
Date first listed:
17-Dec-1980
Statutory Address:
COAL DUTY BOUNDARY MARKER (ON WEST SIDE OPPOSITE NUMBER 205), STATION ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of COAL DUTY BOUNDARY MARKER (ON WEST SIDE OPPOSITE NUMBER 205)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359398 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Sep-2019 at 14:03:23.

Location

Statutory Address:
COAL DUTY BOUNDARY MARKER (ON WEST SIDE OPPOSITE NUMBER 205), STATION ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Bexley (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 51640 73865

Details

STATION ROAD 1. 5005 Crayford Coal duty boundary marker (on the west side TQ 57 SW 5/2 opposite No 205) II 2. Erected in 1861 or soon after. Cast by Henry Grissell at the Regents Canal Ironworks, Eagle Wharf Road, Hoxton. Post set up under the London Coal and Wine Duties (continuance) Act 1861. Standard "City Post". Square cast iron post, with chamfered edges, projecting cornice, and frieze bearing the arms of the City of London on one face. The stem bears the inscription "24 & 25 VICT/CAP 42".

Listing NGR: TQ5164073865

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
198718
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Sep 2003
Reference: IOE01/10174/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Richard M. Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].