LORING HALL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359399

Date first listed: 25-Aug-1954

Date of most recent amendment: 17-Dec-1980

Statutory Address: LORING HALL, 8, WATER LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LORING HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359399 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 09:20:10.

Location

Statutory Address: LORING HALL, 8, WATER LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Bexley (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 48816 72381

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WATER LANE 1. 5005 North Cray No 8 (Loring Hall) (formerly listed as Loring Hall, (The University of London Goldsmith College), North Cray Road TQ 47 SE 4/10 25.8.54 II 2. Built circa 1760, but subsequently altered and extended. Stuccoed, with slated roof. Two storeys and semi-basement. Eleven windows. The 5 centre bays project slightly and have overhanging eaves; hipped slate roof and shutters to upper windows. The wings of 3 windows each have a cornice and parapet. All ground floor windows have moulded surrounds. Glazing bars intact. Porch with coupled round and square columns at head of 4 steps. Rear elevation has 1;3:3 in canted bay, and 3 windows. Projecting eaves continue across whole elevation. Balustraded walls to terrace and steps leading down to lawn. Occupied 1811-22 by Lord Castlereagh, who was then Foreign Secretary.

Listing NGR: TQ4881672381

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 198723

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing