STABLE BLOCK AT HALL FARM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359427
Date first listed:
22-Feb-1985
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK AT HALL FARM

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK AT HALL FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359427 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 23:58:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK AT HALL FARM

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
West Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Caenby
National Grid Reference:
TF 00046 89246

Details

TF 08 NW CAENBY

6/10 Stable Block at Hall Farm

G.V. II

Stable block. 1788, with C19 alterations. Red brick in Flemish Bond with slightly purple headers; raised brick coped tumbled gables, pantile roof and a single external gable stack. 2 storey 4 bay front with 1st floor band and dog tooth eaves course has a central planked door with 4 paned overlight with to left a louvred and glazed opening set in blocking of a doorway with to left again a short planked door with 12 paned overlight. To right is a timbered and glazed opening in a wider blocked opening. The 1st floor has 3 louvred openings and one blocked opening. All ground floor openings have timber lintels except that on right which as with those on 1st floor has brick segmental heads with splayed soldier arch. In the left hand gable on either side of the chimney stack are single semi- circular blocked openings. Above are iron ties in the letters L M. At the top of the stack is an inscribed stone panel "L. Monck 1788". The interior has its original stable fittings and a pine butt purlin roof.

Listing NGR: TF0004689246

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
196766
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].