39, NEW ROAD, 24, HALL PLACE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359543
Date first listed:
20-Nov-1975
Statutory Address:
24, HALL PLACE
Statutory Address:
39, NEW ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 39, NEW ROAD, 24, HALL PLACE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359543 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Sep-2019 at 13:13:12.

Location

Statutory Address:
24, HALL PLACE
Statutory Address:
39, NEW ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
South Holland (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TF 24693 22743

Details

NEW ROAD 1. 5313 (South East Side) No 39 TF 2421 1/212 II GV

2. Includes No 24 Hall Place. Early C20. Modified Jacobean. 2 storeys in ashlar with slate roof with ridge tile and pierced parapet with finials. Symmetrical composition, curved to site, with oriels to ends with octagonal turret roofs with parapets and leaded domed roofs with finials, lst floor has 6 paired windows and central oriel with carved base below stone turret, oval in section with lion weathervane and round window. Ground floor has 2 large windows and 2 narrow lights with 2 round windows over, flanking doorway. Another doorway to the left, and 1 window. Band between storeys bears legend 'Land Agents S & G Kingston Surveyors'. The building also bears the dates 1828 and 1907.

A visual group with Cavendish House, opposite a local interest building and No 24 Hall Place.

Listing NGR: TF2469322743

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
197346
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Aug 2003
Reference: IOE01/06384/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].