THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359658

Date first listed: 08-Apr-1987

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359658 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 00:10:34.

Location

Statutory Address: THE OLD RECTORY, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Asterby

National Grid Reference: TF 26448 79561

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ASTERBY CHURCH LANE TF 27 NE (north side)

6/3 The Old Rectory

G.V. II

Rectory, now house. 1863 by R J Withers. Red brick, some burnt brick, limestone ashlar dressings. Slate roofs with stone coped gables with wrought iron finials and 6 brick stacks with dentillated decoration, one projecting and 5 to rear. 2 storey, 5 bay front including large polygonal 2 storey 3 bay window to left with conical roof. Doorway to right with pointed ashlar head with inner chevroned order and moulded brick jambs. Inner doorway in left return with pointed ashlar head and panelled door. Tall pointed archway to left reaching up 2 storeys with 2 small ground floor casements. Bay window to left with 3 glazing bar sashes with triangular ashlar heads with billet moulding. A similar window above flanked by blank brick walls of canted bays. Giant order archway to right contains 2 first floor narrow pointed windows with richly cusped heads. Inverted triangular motif above. Pointed window to right with 2 pointed lights with narrow glazing bar sashes, and ashlar head with cusped oculus inscribed "GB 1863". 4 bay west front with the 2 bays to the left projecting slightly. 3 long glazing bar sashes with pointed ashlar heads. Pair of narrow glazing bar sashes with pointed ashlar heads to left. 3 small glazing bar sashes above to right with a pair of narrow glazing bar sashes to left with pointed ashlar heads and hood moulds.

Listing NGR: TF2644879561

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195887

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing