CHURCH OF ST LEONARD

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359684

Date first listed: 03-Feb-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LEONARD, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST LEONARD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359684 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 10:45:08.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST LEONARD, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Chapel St. Leonards

National Grid Reference: TF 55238 72025

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 57 SE CHAPEL ST. LEONARDS CHURCH LANE

3/15 Church of St. Leonard 3.2.67 II

Parish church. Rebuilt 1794, chancel built 1866, tower of 1891- 1901 by W. Scorer, enlarged 1924. Ashlar, some red and yellow brick, slate and plain tiled roofs. Western tower, nave, chancel, south porch: 2 stage tower with embattled parapet and pyramidal roof. To the sides are louvred bell openings. In the west wall a 2 light window with cusped tracery and above a similar belfry opening. In the north wall a further 2 light window with beyond 2 semi-circular 1794 windows with key and impost blocks. Nave has brick dentillated eaves course. Gabled yellow brick vestry of 1891 with 2 light traceried window and plain chamfered doorway to the east. The ashlar chancel has a single lancet to the north, 2 to the south and in the east wall a 5 light panel traceried window. In the south wall of the nave are 2 two light Cl9 flowing traceried windows. The gabled south porch has a chamfered outer doorway with moulded hood and matching inner door. Beyond is a further Cl9 2 light window. Interior. Single chamfered tower arch and semi-circular chancel arch. In the chancel a semi-circular opening to the vestry. The nave roof is a king post with struts, possibly re-used. Cl9 circular ashlar font and panelled pulpit. The church was rebuilt after flooding in 1572 and again in 1794 by Churchwarden Robert Empingham on former foundations.

Listing NGR: TF5523872025

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196016

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing