CHURCH OF ST HELEN

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359688

Date first listed: 03-Feb-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST HELEN, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST HELEN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359688 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 08:51:26.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST HELEN, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Aswardby

National Grid Reference: TF 37632 70220

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

ASWARDBY CHURCH LANE TF 37 SE (north side)

3/1 Church of St. Helen 3.2.67 II

Parish church. 1747 and mid C19. Rockface ashlar with ashlar dressings and some later rebuilding in red brick. Ashlar quoins. Chamfered rusticated ashlar plinth. Pantile roof. Brick coped gables with some tumbling. Dentil eaves to the south side. Nave and chancel under the same roof. C19 wood and lead cupola to the west end with louvred base and 2 arches to each side over. West wall with brick to gable apex has a moulded ashlar doorway with pendant keystone, C18 panelled double door and overlight. Gable apex has a single oval ashlar plaque inscribed "E.H. Church Warden 1747". North wall of rock face ashlar has 2 round arched windows in flush ashlar quoin surrounds. The east wall with brick to the gable apex has a single semi-circular arched opening with moulded ashlar archivolt and keystone, arch supported on single pair of ashlar pilasters. Opening now blocked with brick. In the gable apex is a single circular pivotal glazing bar casement with 4 ashlar keyblocks. The brick south wall has 2 segmental arched glazing bar cross casements with ashlar impost and keyblocks. Interior has a panelled ceiling. ..

Listing NGR: TF3763270220

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 195928

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing