THE OLD RECTORY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359706
Date first listed:
03-Feb-1967
Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, CHURCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE OLD RECTORY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359706 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 06:18:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE OLD RECTORY, CHURCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
East Keal
National Grid Reference:
TF 38296 63933

Details

EAST KEAL CHURCH LANE TF 36 SE (north side) 5/7 The Old Rectory 3.2.67 G.V. II Former rectory, now house and pump. Rear wing probably originally an early C17 mud and stud cottage, front range C17 altered 1709, with C19 and C20 alterations. Red brick, lined render, pantile roofs. 2 storey, 3 bay front with external stacks and end pilasters, central half glazed door in plain wooden surround with C20 narrow hood. Flanked by single glazing bar sashes with cambered heads. To first floor 3 smaller glazing bar sashes. On the lefthand stack a datestone inscribed "WB + 1709". The rear range has a C20 tumbled gable, ridge stack, and is lobby entry plan, single storey with attics, 3 bay front having C20 two storey porch. C20 door, flanked by single C20 3 light casements. In the porch to first floor a 2 light casement flanked by single 2 light raking dormers with rendered cheeks. Interior has simply chamfered beam and bressumer in earlier rear wing, and an elaborate double stop to beam in front range.

Listing NGR: TF3829663933

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
196130
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/03663/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Scarbro. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].