STABLE BLOCK, MANOR FARM

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1359714
Date first listed:
29-Jul-1987
Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK, MANOR FARM, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of STABLE BLOCK, MANOR FARM
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359714.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-Nov-2019 at 21:54:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
STABLE BLOCK, MANOR FARM, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Belleau
National Grid Reference:
TF 40205 78448

Details

BELLAU MAIN STREET TF 47 NW (south side) 2/6 Stable block, Manor Farm

G.V. II

Stable range. 1904 incorporating C16 stone arch from former gatehouse. Red brick, ashlar, slate roof. L-plan. Single storey, 4 bay front, the left hand bay advanced and gabled. A planked doorway is flanked by single openings with cast iron ventilation panels and overlights. The gable has reset deeply moulded Tudor archway with a large Wild Man corbel to the head, and quoined reveals. Above is set the datestone of 1904. The archway was formerly in the gatehouse of the mansion belonging to the Willoughby d'Eresby family, whose symbol is the Wild Man.

Listing NGR: TF4020578448

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
196072
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 31 May 2004
Reference: IOE01/10850/10
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David Miles. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].