CHURCH OF ST PAUL

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1359721

Date first listed: 03-Feb-1967

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PAUL, NEW BOLINGBROKE ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PAUL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1359721 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2018 at 15:24:51.

Location

Statutory Address: CHURCH OF ST PAUL, NEW BOLINGBROKE ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Lincolnshire

District: East Lindsey (District Authority)

Parish: Carrington

National Grid Reference: TF 31141 55241

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

TF 35 NW CARRINGTON NEW BOLINGBROKE ROAD Carrington (east side)

4/3 Church of St. Paul 3.2.67 II

Parish church. 1816, probably by Jeptha Pacey, 1872. Red brick with yellow brick dressings to chancel, painted ashlar dressings. Slate roofs. Wide eaves overhang being bracketed to the nave and forming open pediments at the east and west ends. Chancel with dogtooth eaves. Pilaster strips to the nave, defining the bays. Nave, north vestry, and chancel. West nave with wooden octagonal cupola each side with single pointed arched opening. Cornice decorated with orbs, domed lead roof. West nave with pointed arched doorway, door with blind cusped tracery. Over is a painted band with single painted rectangular plaque above inscribed '1816'. North nave of 3 bays each bay with single pointed arched sash with wooden Y tracery. To the left is the vestry with pointed arched doorway and single fixed light to the left. Projecting from the north wall of the 1872 chancel is a lean-to. Canted east chancel with 3 pointed arched lights. The south chancel with single similar light. East nave with evidence of a former band. The south nave corresponds to the north. Interior. Inner porch with doorway with panelled door leading to the gallery. Panelled west gallery with cast iron Royal arms. Doorway with double doors under flanked by single fixed lights with pointed arched glazing bars. Nave with panelled dado. Moulded brick chancel arch with painted imposts, hood mould and decorative label stops. Archway to vestry. Panelled pulpit. This church was one of many built in this area after the Fen Churches Act of 1816.

Listing NGR: TF3114155241

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 196216

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing